The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities (DOT) has closed the Seward airport due to inclement weather. In a notice to airmen released Monday, the Department says the airport will be closed until 4 p.m. on Friday. A spokesperson for DOT said that based upon the current forecast, the closure will likely extend beyond Friday as the Department priorities snow clearing from roadways before clearing the airport.
Michael Paschall is the publisher of the Seward Journal and covers general news topics. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week's e-Edition
- Chamber announces CARES Act Fund spending program for local businesses
- Fatal accident on Seward Highway
- Council approves Jesse Lee Home rezoning
- 49th female US Army Airborne Ranger hails from 49th state
- Why I love Moose Pass
- The power of a child
- RC Car Race – Saturday, Jan. 23
- Medical center welcomes new director of Mission Integration
- UAF's Seward Marine Center celebrates 50 years
- Council approves raises for city employees
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.