Details for Administrative Assistant – Harbormaster’s Office
CITY OF SEWARD POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Administrative Assistant –
The City of Seward is seeking applications from interested persons for the position described below. Completed job applications and a current resume can be submitted to the City of Seward Personnel Office. This position will remain open until filled.
This is a regular full-time position with benefits, starting pay $16.23/hr (Range 8.0A). Duties include, but are not limited to, accounting and billing preparation of all vessels utilizing the harbor or port facilities and receipt of fees. Maintains the department’s financial files, including appointment calendars for facility usage; assists the Harbormaster and Deputy Harbormaster with Harbor related contracts, correspondence and leases, maintains the wait lists and issues slips annually.
Requirements include: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one year of technical school preferred. One year of related experience in account maintenance, bookkeeping, clerical, cashiering, or closely related work experience; successful completion of course work or training in a related field. Requires ability to monitor several tasks at once.
Successful applicants must pass a background investigation and drug testing. Preference may be given to current City employees. A complete job description and employment application can be obtained from City of Seward Personnel Office, 410 Adams Street, (907) 224-4074 or by emailing HR@cityofseward.net .
The City of Seward is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
This week's e-Edition
- New regulations issued for North Gulf Coast Area Sport Fisheries
- Lessons from Another Land of Ice and Snow
- Public Safety Report May 4 to May 10, 2020
- A grand graduation finale of the Class of 2020
- SHS graduation takes place over two days
- School district survey on remote learning
- Kenai Fjords National Park adapting operations in response to local health guidance
- Kathleen Verschueren 1947-2020
- Chamber conducting COVID-19 impact survey
- A season to remember
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.